Tuesday 19 July 2016

EVENT REVIEW - #EATDRINKFESTIVAL


                                 
                                                 Hey DiaryKeepers,
    I've been looking for a Food event for ages, so immediately I saw the Poster of #EatDrinkFestival , I made a date with it. The event was packed with people and you know where there is Food, there is People.

   Purpose of the Event: The Eat Drink Festival was organized by EatandDrinkLagos (you can check out their blog here) , designed for people to eat and buy food at discounted affordable price.

   My Experience: So, I had made so much noise for this event that when Sunday came I had lost ginger (but I had to go because of all my noise and I had told people I was coming) and there was no available Uber, so public transport . The ginger was so lost that I forgot my Camera and Glasses at home (that's how I didn't see the Free Wi-Fi and free charging of Phone spot at the event).
  I got there quite early (1:10pm, event was to start by 12pm), there were few people around not as much as the Large crowd that later turned up. Some vendors weren't ready,  I ordered for Coctaville Chops and Drink. There were lots of Fashion and style displayed by people that I was so sure of a Lagos StreetStyle Post but no camera -__-
but I got us covered with pictures I spooled from Twitter and My Phone.
  I got to meet Lovely people like Moyo of mysranne.com , Dhvani of ramblingsandsnaps.wordpress.com and some of my people I haven't seen in a while.

   So, I wore the one of the pieces of the MW Cape (a high-waist trouser) and paired it with a white top and sandals.

                               
                                      Sorry, this is the only picture of me, I got




   Photocredits -qdsalamiphotography (most pictures)


















   Forgive me for not posting pictures of what I wore, my phone is acting up at the moment but be sure to check back for more pictures.

       One of the things I didn't like about the Event was that some things were ridiculously high (someone actually bought a slice of pineapple for #500 😂😂😭  ) , and also the Online Price List given by Eat and Drink Lagos wasn't followed i.e. the things were higher than what was on the list on their page.
   So, when next you going for a Food Event, Remember;
- Don't go too early, go African Time (1 hour or 2 hours max after the event starts)
- Plan before going, be strategic about your budget and make the best use of it.
- Don't get swayed by the people making you buy their food,  just smile and tell them you coming.
- Wear Maxi or shift dress in case you might eat a lot (but this is Nigeria, that can't happen except its a Buffet event).
- Go with your Friends or Squad, so y'll can order differently and have a taste of each food vendor.
- Go with a Pack of Gum.

   HEREBY PERCEIVE WE THE LOVE OF GOD, BECAUSE HE LAID DOWN HIS LIFE FOR US: AND WE OUGHT TO LAY DOWN OUR LIVES FOR THE BRETHREN - 1 John 3:16.

2 comments:

  1. Lol 500 naira for ordinary pineapple slice..Mogbe!!..Oh and I have definitely used that trick of not buying and telling them that I was coming back lol. Lovely post, can't wait to see what you wore xx

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, do comment below